…You suddenly get a pressing urge to:
- Clean your room
- Do your laundry
- Bake a triple chocolate cake or cook up a three course dinner
- Call your Mom
- Call your Dad
- Write your Christmas cards
- Reorganize your closet
- Talk to your parrot/ walk-the-dog/ wish-you-had-a-pet-to-use-as-an-excuse
- Get on with some much overdue filing of past papers and handouts
- Go to the gym
- Create a playlist on your iTunes with the aspirational title “Study Music”
Whatever it takes not to have to deal with the mountains of readings and papers that you’re trying to push to the back of your mind under the fallacy of “productivity”.
Now off to do some cleaning
Shh, my nagging conscience. I’m working here.
Your Stats professor, who is usually a lovely and very polite lady tells the class: “Guys, I gotta tell you, today you’re looking kind of haggard.”